This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we my collect from you or about you. It applies to all services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of LawnsOne Ltd.
- Who are we and how do you contact us?
- What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
- What do we use your personal data for?
- What are the legal grounds for our processing of this information?
- What is the source of your personal information?
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
- For how long is your personal information retained by us?
- Where we store personal data
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
- How can you opt out of marketing communications?
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes when you visit our website – www.lawnsone.co.uk
We are LawnsOne Ltd
Clydesdale House, 229 Faversham Road, Kennington, Kent TN24 9AJ
Registered Business Address:
Repton Manor, Repton Avenue, Ashford TN23 3GP
To speak to somebody about Data Protection you can contact the office using the Correspondence address above, marking it for the attention of the Office Manager, or by completing our “Contact Us” form on our website.
- Personal and contact details, for example, title, full name, telephone numbers, address and email address.
- If you get in touch with us online your IP address may be used for data analysis (Google Analytics) purposes only.
- Products and services, you have from us, as well have those you may have expressed an interest in.
- Usage of our products and services, we record all our visits and hold records of what we did and any product we used.
- Marketing to you and analysing data, including history of those communications, whether you open them or click on links and information about products of services we think you may be interested in, and analysing data to help target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you.
- Information about your property, for example if you have a tenant and any access information
- Payments can be processed through our software by telephoning the office direct or via our customer access portal – no card information is stored.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Assessing your interest in a product of service
- Managing the services, you have with us
- Updating/maintaining your records
- Managing any aspect of the service we provide you with
- For management and auditing of our business including accounting
- To monitor and keep records of our communications with you.
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- For marketing communications and related profiling to help us offer you relevant services
- To provide personalised content and services to you
Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
- Assessing a request for a product or service, including considering whether or not to offer you the service, the price and the payment methods available.
- Managing the services you have with us.
- Updating your record, contacting you about your account including doing this for debt recovery (where appropriate).
- All stages and activities relevant to managing the services we offer from initial enquiry and proposal to administration and management of accounts.
- For some profiling and other automated decision making to decide whether to offer you a service, particular method of payment and price.
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
- Managing your services, updating your records, and contacting you about your account, including doing this for debt recovery (where appropriate).
- To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies.
- For management and audit of our business operations including accounting.
- To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff.
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics.
- For direct marketing communication and relating profiling to help us to offer you relevant services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain services. We will send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post, social media and digital channels (for example using Facebook, Google Audiences, Text Connect and Mailchimp)
- Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations.
To comply with our legal obligations
With your consent or explicit consent:
- For some direct marketing communications
- For some of our profiling and other automated decision making
- For some processing of personal data such as information about access to your property or if you are a vulnerable customer
We collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly
- From a referring party, eg, another customer, family member or friend
You should tell us so that we can update our records. You can do this by telephone; 0800 848 8055, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the “Contact Us” tab on our website. Existing customers can update their own records by signing up to the Customer Access Portal – this gives customers control over their preferences in terms of contact and contact details.
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide services to you
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance
- All information you provide is stored on secure servers, both here in the UK by LawnsOne and by our Software Provider, ‘RealGreen’ in the USA.
- RealGreen ensure that the privacy of personal information entrusted to them is maintained.
- RealGreen Systems is not involved in the user enrolment process.
- RealGreen Systems only access and use data to provide a service to LawnsOne Ltd. They do not share LawnsOne data with any third-party companies, except for a very specific purpose requested, for example, credit card payment processing, service routing or text messaging. In these cases data is processed through a third-party processor and is encrypted.
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted using PCT compliant technology.
- Where you choose a password to access some of our services, for example on the Customer Access Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
You can opt out of any email or text marketing by following the unsubscribe links. If you receive a marketing call from us, you can ask the person who called you to opt you out. You can also write to us LawnsOne Ltd, Clydesdale House, 229 Faversham Road, Kennington, Kent TN24 9AJ, marking it for the attention of the DPO. Or send us an email to: email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or make contact, you can contact us by using the “Contact us” tab on the website. Alternatively, you can write to LawnsOne Ltd, 229 Faversham Road, Kennington, Kent TN24 9AJ, marking it for the attention of the Office Manager.
Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers. There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
About this cookies policy
This document is based on a Contractology cookies policy precedent available at www.freenetlaw.com. Contractology produce and publish jurisdiction-neutral legal documents for professional customers around the world.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.